Obtaining Surplus Chemicals
EH&S maintains an inventory of surplus chemicals that are available to the Stanford research community, free of charge. The Surplus Chemical Program is an integral part of the University's waste minimization efforts. It helps researchers improve the environment and save costs by reducing the volume of chemicals that are purchased and disposed of as waste.
Instructions for obtaining surplus chemicals
- Access the EH&S Surplus Chemical Inventory. The inventory will be displayed on the left side of the form, in alphabetical order.
- Identify any specific chemicals you are interested in obtaining.
- Contact Chris Craig from Environmental Health & Safety at email@example.com with the following information:
- Your name and lab number
- The item(s) you would like to receive
- The quantity of the item(s) needed
- If available, the items will be delivered to your lab within one week.
- Upon receipt, add the items to your laboratory inventory.
We take steps to ensure that the items in the Surplus Chemical Inventory are of good quality. If an item is not acceptable to you, please contact Chris to have it picked up.
If you have surplus chemicals to donate, please see the Donating Surplus Chemicals service.