Updates regarding COVID-19 can be found on this site. As the public health situation changes, these guidelines will be adjusted accordingly.
- Testing Positive. All faculty, staff, postdocs, and temporary community members are required to report their COVID-19 positive test results via HealthCheck. Students should refer to the Student Affairs COVID Isolation & Resources webpage for information. Visitors and vendors who test positive for COVID-19, within 10 days of being onsite, must complete the General COVID-19 Case Reporting Form.
- COVID Testing. Asymptomatic surveillance testing is not required (faculty, employees, postdocs, or students). The university has rapid antigen tests available for faculty, staff, postdocs, and students.
- Face Masks. Stanford strongly recommends individuals wear a face mask when symptomatic. Face masks are no longer mandatory in classrooms. However, individual instructors have the option of requiring masks in classes.
- COVID Vaccination. Stanford strongly recommends community members be up-to-date with CDC and CDPH COVID vaccination and booster recommendations.
- Gatherings and Events. There are no restrictions on gatherings or events at this time.
- Travel. Stanford recommends but does not require, that international travelers test themselves using a rapid COVID test on the first day of return to work before coming to work, and a 2nd test five days after the initial test.
Please review the topics along the right sidebar for further information.
For questions related to Stanford’s response to COVID-19 or other health concerns, please fill out this EH&S Health Guidance form.