- What browsers should I use for online courses?
We recommend Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer do not work as well. Be sure to turn off pop-up blockers and enable Flash. For assistance in logging into courses, please see the information below:
- How do I sign up for an online course?
First, log into AXESS, http://axess.stanford.edu. Then click on STARS near the top of the page, just under the Cardinal red banner. Follow the links to search for a particular class, or to browse the catalog. Use the instructions in STARS to enroll in a class or classes.
- Axess won’t let me get in. It is not accepting my SUNet ID.
It takes up to 24 hours for a new or newly reactivated SUNet ID to be recognized by Axess. Might your SUNet ID be new or just reactivated? If so, please wait until tomorrow. Otherwise, please submit a HelpSU ticket to describe the problem.
- How often do you offer the AED, CPR, and First Aid course?
We provide a class that includes sessions on AED, CPR, and First Aid twice a year. The first class is in April, and the second is in September.
- What does it cost to enroll in the AED/CPR/First Aid course?
The STAP fee is $85.00.
- What do I need to do to get partial reimbursement for ergonomic equipment?
You need to take the online Ergonomics Computer Workstation course if you have not already done so. There is a self-evaluation summary included in the class, which you will need to fill out in order to submit requests for ergo reimbursements. If you would like to take the class again for ergonomic tips, the class has been converted to a program certification, (renewable every 2 years). Here is the direct registration link:https://starsexpress.stanford.edu/index.html?ref=LM_CURRICULUM.LM_PRG_DTLS_ESS.GBL&code=EHS-PROG-3400Once you complete the class, use this form to request a partial reimbursement of the ergonomic equipment you are buying:https://ehsapps.stanford.edu/secure/Lab_Ergo_Reimbursement_Form.pdfFor more information about ergonomics, please visit this EH&S web site link:https://ehs.stanford.edu/topic/ergonomics/office-ergo-faq
- I’m having trouble registering for Computer Workstation Ergonomics program. Any suggestions?
- I would like to visit the Ergonomics Showroom at EH&S. What do I do?
If you would like to schedule a visit to the ergonomic showroom, please fill out the Request Ergonomic Services form.
- I was notified that I need to take the BBP refresher. What do I do?
If your certification has expired, you must enroll in the initial course (web class plus certification) again. Otherwise, you may take the refresher course. Here is the direct enrollment link for the refresher course:https://starsexpress.stanford.edu/index.html?ref=LM_SS_LEARNING.LM_BROWSE_LEARNER.GBL&type=COURSE&code=EHS-1601
- How do I restart an online course that I got part of the way through but had to leave before I could finish?
You can’t use the same method to re-launch a class that you used to enroll and launch. STARS only allows 1 registration per class, until finished. To return to the class, log into AXESS, http://axess.stanford.edu, go to your All Learning page, and click on the green “launch” tab next to the course title.
- Are there any limits as to how long I can do an online class in one sitting?
Please do not leave your course window open for more than three hours. If you leave it open longer, completion may not record properly in STARS. If you continue to take the course after three hours, please close the course browser window and re-launch the course using the instructions described in #9 above.