Waste Tag is Stanford’s online system for:
- Creating labels for containers of hazardous waste
- Requesting pickup of containers once you have no need for the container
The system pre-populates your name and location based on the established profile. It also pre-populates the accumulation start date. It will automatically generate a pickup request when nine months has elapsed since the tag’s creation.
Complete the chemical composition, container size, physical state, and overall hazard information, then print the tag and affix it to the container. Each Waste Tag has a unique identification number, which is printed on the tag as a barcode.
When you’re ready to request pickup:
- Select the container(s) from the waste inventory.
- Complete the information in the pull-down menu.
- Add comments (if necessary).
- Choose “request pickup.”
The system will then ask you to complete a consent form, which confirms a set of waste management requirements and provides links to explain each requirement. After completing all steps, you’ll receive a confirmation email.