On this page you will find information about COVID-19 vaccination requirements, as well as general information about COVID vaccines.
Research indicates that COVID-19 vaccines lower the risk of hospitalization, severe symptoms, and Long COVID. Stanford encourages everyone who is eligible to get the bivalent booster authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Visit the CDC’s COVID-19 vaccine page for more information on the vaccine and boosters.
The COVID vaccine is available for free from Stanford Health Care and Kaiser. Additional vaccination locations can be found at Vaccines.gov.
All faculty, staff, and postdoctoral scholars are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This requirement only applies to the initial course of vaccinations, not boosters.
Please note: No group or unit should create vaccination requirements separate from or more restrictive than university requirements.
Providing Proof of Vaccination
Faculty, staff and postdoctoral scholars must provide proof of vaccination, by uploading vaccination documentation, including manufacturer and vaccination dates in Health Check.
Medical and Religious Accommodations
Accommodations can be granted for medical or religious reasons. Learn more about the Medical/Religious Accommodation Criteria and Process by clicking here.
All students coming to campus are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19. Visit this webpage for more information.
Students must upload vaccination documentation in the Vaden Patient portal.
In alignment with the State Public Health Officer Order, all workers who provide services or work in healthcare facilities are required to obtain the COVID-19 primary vaccination series and vaccine booster.
Providing Proof of Vaccination
- Faculty, staff, and postdoctoral scholars must confirm full vaccination and booster status by uploading vaccination documentation in Health Check.
- Employees who work at Stanford Medicine must also update the COVID-19 Proof of Vaccination record here.
- Employees who work at SHC-ValleyCare must email proof of vaccination and booster to email@example.com.
If you are contacted regarding your booster status, by your manager or through HR, please respond immediately.
Vaccination requirements apply to temporary community members.
- Temporary Community Members who pay the Campus Health Service Fee (such as Visiting Student Researchers) should follow the student vaccination verification process and upload their documentation into Vaden Health Center’s portal
- Temporary Community Members who DO NOT pay the Campus Health Service Fee should follow the staff, faculty, and postdocs vaccination verification process and upload their documentation to Health Check
- Temporary community members, working in healthcare facilities, must abide by healthcare worker COVID vaccine requirements.
For questions related to Stanford’s response to COVID-19 or other health concerns, please fill out this EH&S Health Guidance form.