Jump to navigation
Back to Top
Moving to a new workstation may present concerns secondary to:
- Manual material handling
- Lifting/carrying equipment/supplies
- New equipment that an employee is not familiar with and does not know how to adjust
- Equipment that does not adjust to meet employee’s needs
- New issues such as workstation configuration
Prior to moving:
- Complete EHS-1400 (Online Safe Lifting / Back Care training). EH&S can also come on-site to your building to give an in-class training.
- While packing equipment and supplies, follow safe lifting practices outlined in EHS-1400. For additional information, visit the Safe Lifting tab
- Complete EHS-3400 (online computer ergonomics training). EH&S can register for EHS-3400 in STARS
- Evaluate your workstation using our self-evaluation form.
- If an employee has questions or concerns after they have completed the training, they may request an on-site ergonomic evaluation.
Additional Office Move Resources:
Download full instructions here ->