Some benefits of stretching:
- Reduces muscle tension
- Increased flexibility
- Improves range of motion
- Improves circulation
- Promotes better posture
- Relieve stress
- Stretching is a part of an overall strength, exercise and conditioning program.
- Target major muscle groups and focus on muscles and joints being stretched
- Hold each static stretch a minimum of 15 seconds, perform dynamic stretches for 1 minute; perform stretches 3x per side
- Take your time, and move in a slow and controlled manner
- Focus on a pain-free stretch
- Relax and breathe freely
Click here for stretching programs:
Disclaimer: Consult with your primary care provider prior to engaging in physical activity. Anyone experiencing work-related pain should contact the Occupational Health Center.